In 2019 donations received dropped radically and we had to reduce our monthly remittances to US$2000 per month and in 2020 we began sending US$4000 bi monthly to reduce exchange costs.
Due to the extra effort to raise funds of two supporters, Lynda and Graham Jones, the Home was able to purchase a generator in 2014. This was used sparingly when the electricity was cut off on a regular basis and helped cooking, homework and administration work to continue at these times.
Also in 2014 a donated legacy and extra fundraising by 2 committee members, David Graaff and Wayne Cooper, a lot of money was raised to purchase and send over a new minibus for the home which has our name and website details painted on the side.
In 2011 over £55,000 was received in donations. Regular payments of US$6,000 are sent directly to the Home’s bank account to be used for the day to day care and education of the children.
- We fundraise throughout the year
- We issue 4 newsletters a year to keep Friends abreast of issues and news. Financial and Chairman reports are also produced annually
- We have sold 1000s of Christmas cards since 2003. Some designs are still available to buy – see this year’s flyer. Over the years we have raised thousands of pounds of profit, all of which has been sent directly to the Home
- Speakers are available in some areas to visit groups interested in having presentations about the child welfare work
- We loan video/DVD material to support your own fundraising activities and there is a wealth of photographic material on this website available to use for fundraising purposes
- To co-ordinate projects we liaise with Qantas Cabin Crew and the Uniting World arm of the Uniting Church in Australia who also support the Home