In 2019 donations dropped radically and we had to reduce our monthly remittances to £2000 per month. In 2021 remittances increased to £2,250 pm, and we began sending £4,500 bi monthly.
Due to the extra effort to raise funds of two supporters, Lynda and Graham Jones, the Home was able to purchase a generator in 2014. This was used sparingly when the electricity was cut off on a regular basis and helped cooking, homework and administration work to continue at these times. Sadly, the high cost of fuel now means that it is rarely used.
Also in 2014 a donated legacy and extra fundraising by 2 committee members, David Graaff and Wayne Cooper, a lot of money was raised to purchase and send over a new minibus for the home which has our name and website details painted on the side.
- We fundraise throughout the year
- We issue 4 newsletters a year to keep Friends abreast of issues and news
- Financial and Chairman reports are also produced annually – available on request. Financial data available from the Charity Commission
- We have sold 1000s of packs of Christmas cards since 2003. Some designs are still available to buy
- We offer electronic cards via Don’t Send Me a Card. For a donation you choose one of our cards to send to up to 100 friends (via email). See this post for more information about how to do this
- To support your own fundraising activities we offer a wealth of photographic material on this website