This year we have decided to begin offering digital cards as well as our stock of real cards.
Our digital cards are available through an organisation which for a donation from you, allows you to choose one of four cards to send to up to 100 friends (via email).
This is an increasingly popular way to support your favourite charity and we wanted to offer you the option too.
The process is very simple:
1. Go to our card website.
2. Here you will see one example of our cards.
3. Click on the card of your choice.
4. Say who the card is from and add your message.
5. Choose how much to donate (and whether to add a tip for Don’t Send Me A Card).
6. You are then sent to PayPal’s website to complete your purchase.
7. You are asked for the email addresses you want to send the card to.
8. Click send.
It’s very straightforward and a great way to stay in touch with people while also helping out the charity of your choice – hopefully us.
Thank you and have a lovely Christmas.
Your newsletter this time reports on how adults and children coped with their first outbreak of covid 19 at the Home. We also introduce the new social worker Rumbidzai Mashoko.
Please note, we have changed our bank account. Information is contained in the newsletter. We are now with the Cooperative Bank. If you have set up a standing order with us please contact your bank and change the details to our new account.
Banks do not switch standing orders automatically.
It is important you make the switch because your donations continue to be vital to the support we give to the children at MRCH.
For the moment our HSBC account is still open but will be closed at the end of September.
We are also hoping to offer digital Christmas cards this year – watch this space for information.
Following our promotion of Amazon Smile – which enables customers to ask Amazon to add a donation as a percentage of their purchase to a charity of their choice – we have had our first confirmation of donations.
Similarly we have just received a cheque from PayPal Giving Fund for other donations.
Every little helps and we are very grateful to all those who donate to the Friends whatever route that takes. Your funds are invaluable to the Home.
At a time when it is so difficult to fundraise, we are suggesting people make donations direct instead if they feel able. We now have another mechanism for you to donate to the Friends – PayPal – it’s quick and easy if you already have an account set up.
Simply follow this link
- PayPal will complete the relevant details.
- Select the amount you want to donate – or specify your own amount.
- You will be prompted about Gift Aid – following which you will receive an email to say that your donation has been received.